19.10.10

The Truth Manifesto

It's time for that blog I promised I would write up a few weeks ago. That one? Yeah.

To be perfectly honest, there isn't 1 real specific reason why I changed the name of this blog. A change in musical tastes, preference for a particular title, cooler domain, and plenty more all made a difference. One aspect I can expand upon, however, is that I felt the original title of 'SelfvsSelf' (while being the title of a really awesome song) did not reflect my current condition.

Some may know of past issues, most wont. Long story short, the name Self vs Self was representative of the internal struggle of me, trying to find the balance to restore a sense of purpose in my life. I believe that I have recently attained such a balance, and while it has not brought any comfort or end to struggles, it has helped me analyse and focus myself upon these.
A lot of my life is now more concerned with my relationship with society, and find an equilibrium between my psychological disarray and the unnerving, confronting society around me.

This is where the new blog name 'The Sound of Truth' comes in. It is the name of an old blog of mine, and was my only successful attempt at a blog previously. Its name originates from the song by As I Lay Dying, and the blog was generally an opinion based blog, chucking out my views on current events, religious beliefs and the like. (I liked the name The Sound of Truth especially since it came to symbolise how my opinions ARE my truth, and that the blog was an outlet for my personal truths).
After a while of generally not blogging, I decided to move on...and have now decided to come back.

I will be writing an opinions blog once again, however the catalyst, and hence the context, has changed. Now, I write for myself, write to reconcile my beliefs and inclinations with the doctrine of contemporary society. No longer do I write for others, this is all about me, my Truths.


This is my manifesto.

1 comment:

  1. I read this last night but didn't comment haha... I was on my iPhone. :P

    Now it comes ringing back to me that you had that old blog! I think the title of a blog is important especially when you have that kind of really deep connection to it. Okay, Heartdrops isn't anything really, but James helped me come up with the name, so it stuck, and I'm glad it did - it also relates to a few songs, in a way. Most of my domain names come from songs, which in turn is where I get a lot of inspiration. I think songs really mean a lot to people. :)

    I think it's important, when it comes to personal blogs, that any nicknames/aliases/names/etc. be really reflective of a person's personality, so I guess what I'm saying is that it's a good thing you didn't stick with Self vs Self, something you didn't feel as connected to.

    As for Heartdrops, because the name is so versatile (raining love, broken hearts, some kind of candy) I feel like it reflects my indecisiveness at some points. :P

    RE: LOL to say I like the Smashing Pumpkins is a severe understatement. ;) *FANGIRLS*

    My alarm clock needs a big rubber hand to pull me into bed. :O Thing is, I just put on an alarm to tell me when to sleep, but what did I do? HIT SNOOZE. XD

    ReplyDelete